In our daily life tooth brushing is probably not at the top of kids list of favourite things to do.
But with some simple tips brushing can make more acceptable and even funnier by choosing a toothpaste and toothbrush that your child will like and will want to use.
Search for kid’s toothpaste with fluoride that’s child-friendly, with flavours and colours that appeal to kids, such as Kid’s Crest. There are toothpaste choices more appropriate to adult needs as well; so many families find themselves using more than one type of toothpaste.
Knowing how to brush your teeth is just as important as the type of toothpaste you choose. Teach children the proper technique of brushing teeth early to help encourage them to develop good oral health habits. Explaining how to brush your teeth doesn’t have to be complicated.
Start with these simple steps for kids to get good start.
- Hold your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
- Move thetoothbrush back and forth gently, in short strokes, over the fronts, backs, and tops of your teeth.
- Don’t scrub hard along the gum line; you can irritate your gums.
- Don’t forget to brush behind your top front teeth and behind the bottom front teeth.
- Use the top bristles of the toothbrush to reach this area some toothbrushes have a slightly longer tip to make it easier to reach these spots.