- the palate,
- tongue and
2. Cavities are a common culprit causing pain. Untreated cavities can impact nerves because of infections of the tooth and gums.
3. Impacted and abscessed teeth and sore jaws from teeth grinding are other common causes of pain.
4. Improper bite relationships and jaw disorders can also cause pain.
5. Other sources of pain include sleep disorders, and headaches and neck aches.
6. Special splints can sometimes be applied to stabilize a bite. Bites can also be corrected with special orthodontic procedures, appliances and restoration techniques.