Done with your extraction of teeth??
Go through this article, it will help you to maintain a better post extraction days…
Regardless of whether your extraction is simple or surgical, it’s always important to closely follow your dentist’s after care instructions to speed recovery and avoid any complications. With surgical extractions, you’ll most likely have one or more stitches at the extraction site. So take care not to bite there.
- Bite down on a gauze pad for 30 minutes after the extraction to help stop the bleeding.
- Avoid unnecessary talking, eating and drinking for the first two hours after extraction.
- Drink plenty of lukewarm or cold liquids after the bleeding subsides.
- Maintain your diet, but start with clear liquids and soft foods for the first day.
- Don’t rinse or brush your teeth for 12 hours.
- Avoid the surgical area when brushing, although you can gently rinse with a diluted mouthwash or 1/4 teaspoon of table salt in a glass of lukewarm water
- Don’t use straws, smoke or spit forcefully as long as there is bleeding.
- Follow your dentist’s instructions on using any prescribed pain medications.
- Call your dentist if you have any persistent pain or bleeding.
The surgical extraction of teeth may sound a bit daunting, but with today’s modern procedures and anaesthesia, you have nothing to worry about. Afterwards, you and Dr.Nechupadam can discuss tooth replacement options to restore the function and beauty to your smile. Come lets replace your smile into a beautiful one..