Lumineers® are an improved version of porcelain veneers which are thinner than traditional porcelain. Cerinate® a patented branded type of porcelain are used for the production of this lumineers. This can be equalizing to the thickness of contact lenses. These are also nicknamed as no-prep veneers because of its minimal tooth surface reduction.
Specialties of Lumineers:
- Completely pain free and highly resilient.
- No post placement discomfort or sensitivity.
- Provide natural appearance & comfortable while smiling.
- Without the removal of tooth structure it can be placed.
- Reversible procedure.
- Covers only visible portion of the teeth.
- Replace minor tooth imperfections with straightens and lengthens teeth.
- Conceals stained and discoloured teeth.
- They are color stable and have the capacity to last for years.
- Those veneers can improve the smile by hiding dental issues.
Still every individual tooth is different and requires personalized consultation before deciding on the procedure. For that dentist being with a smile analysis of the patient to achieve the smile patient desires.