They are Generally rich in technology and features, electric toothbrushes provide the many oral health benefits. Some can even enable you to improve your brushing habits.
Hi-tech features include:
- Numerous brushing modes specialized for sensitive teeth, whitening benefits or gum-massaging action
- Pressure sensors to signal when you’re brushing teeth too hard
- Timers to help you keep track of how long you’re brushing each quadrant of your mouth
- Digital reminders to replace your toothbrush head
- Oscillating-rotating or sonic technology
- Multiple brush head compatibility so you can choose which kind of bristle design you prefer
- added convenience, like a replacement toothbrush head or toothbrush holder, bathroom-counter storage units and travel toothbrush chargers.
Value of Rechargeable electric toothbrushes
Tend to have a higher price value than battery power toothbrushes and regular manual toothbrushes, but you can find some toothbrushes at relatively lower price. Keep in mind that they offer more health benefits and features. Regular manual toothbrushes cost the least, and they are often sold in multi-packs as well as individually. Battery power electric toothbrushes are usually only a few money more than ordinary manual toothbrushes.
Preventative Professional Cleanings and Scalings
Some cases of acute periodontal disease that do not respond to more conventional treatment and self-care such as flossing may require a special kind of cleaning called scaling and root planing.
The procedure begins with administration of a local anesthetic to reduce any discomfort. Then, a small instrument called a “scaler,” or an ultrasonic cleaner, is used to clean beneath your gum line to remove plaque and tartar.
The root surfaces on the tooth are then planed and smoothed. This lets the gum tissue heal and reattach itself to the tooth.