The saying goes ‘the mouth is the window to the body’ and when we’re talking about taking care of our teeth, this couldn’t be truer.
What it can do for our confidence, our career and relationships but we have yet to talk about the effects of poor oral health.
So what comes to mind here? Yellow teeth? How about missing teeth? Or perhaps breath that even air freshener couldn’t mask?
These may be extreme but the point is this the repercussions of poor oral health don’t just stop at the mouth.
You wouldn’t ignore bleeding to any part of your body but many people ignore bleeding gums. It’s one of the first and most obvious signs of gum disease, which if left untreated, can cause a whole range of problems
Here are some advices to Care your mouth
• Brush your teeth last thing at night and at least one other time during the day with a fluoride toothpaste.
• Clean in between your teeth at least once a day using inter dental brushes or floss.
• To check if you have bad breath lick your wrist, let it dry and give it a sniff, if it smells your breath probably does too.
• If you use mouthwash don’t use it directly after brushing as you rinse away the fluoride from your toothpaste.
• Quit smoking to help reduce the chances of tooth staining, gum disease, tooth loss, and in more severe cases mouth cancer.
• Make sure your toothpaste contains fluoride; it helps strengthen tooth enamel making it more resistant to decay.
Change your toothbrush every two to three months or sooner if it becomes worn as it will not clean the teeth properly.
Please note: visiting Dr.Necupadam Dental, Marine Drive as often, can help to nip these things in the bud.