Tips which can help you to prevent tooth decay. It can make some changes in your dental health:
- Don’t eat a lot of sugary foods. Cut down on snacks between meals.
This will help prevent plaque from making acid. It will also reduce the number of times your teeth are exposed to acids.
- Eat a diet high in calcium.
Calcium helps strengthen tooth surfaces.
- Drink plenty of water, especially if you take certain medicines.
Some medicines can decrease the amount of saliva your body makes. This may put you at greater risk for tooth decay.
- Use a toothpaste and mouthwash with fluoride.
Fluoride helps make tooth surfaces harder and stronger.
- Visit Dr.Nechupadam team at least twice a year.
We will clean your teeth and check for tooth cavities.
- Quick facts about tooth decay
- Tooth decay happens when acids wear away the tooth’s hard surface layer.
- Tooth decay can cause holes in your teeth. These are called cavities.
- Tooth decay can be avoided by brushing twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste and flossing between teeth.
- Toothpastes and mouthwash with fluoride can also help strengthen teeth and help fight tooth decay.